Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Rate Manny Pacquiao's chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
That's fair enough, but the reaction to the punches when he does get hit is what I'm looking at. All it takes is one punch to do damage, he doesn't have to getting hit a lot for us to get an idea how well his chin holds up. I'm not going to say his chin is better than Pacquiao's, but I can't say it's concrete that it's worse either, based on what I've seen.
Of course. That's what we're all looking at. And Pacquiao's reaction, during the shit load of times his poor defence allowed him to get hit, was to not even buckle (for the most part). Instead, you would see his bouncing hair go all over the place and his reaction would be to attack right back - often with success.

Bar the last outting, I think the worst situation I would see Pacquiao in -- whilst fighting in the US -- is him just backing up in confusion/panic after being caught by hard counter rights. As well as that combo in Pac-JMM II where he was in mid-air and lost balance.

So, if it's reactions you're looking for, then evidence suggests Pacquiao had a tremendous chin during his peak years. His has been concretely proven, whereas Mayweather's hasn't. His has been kept out of harm's way, preventing us from giving an accurate assessment of it.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top