View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #64
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson is making a big mistake...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceJohnScully View Post
One day I put a photo of him, myself and his strength coach on facebook during training camp. When he sent his brother in my room (12 feet from where they were in the living room) to tel me that "Chad said not to put any pictures up on my facebook" because he didnt want our opponent to know what we were up to I knew our relationship was doomed...1, Because he sent his brother over for him like he was the CEO of a major company sending his assistant to talk to one of the guys in the mailroom and 2. because if he thought that his opponent seeing a photo of him in the gym before the fight would be cause for alarm then there was a mental issue going on that was beyond my abilities/desire to fix for him...as a guy at "his high level" as he said after the Ward fight, You would think that something as insignificant as a picture of us in the gym training wouldnt be something to alarm him...like our opponent didnt know we'd actually go to a gym to get ready for the fight?
I suspect you knew before the fight that any ability you have as a trainer was going to fall short of getting Chad a victory John.You 're enough of a realist to know that with Chad's weaknesses,you could've had Manny and Eddie Futch as your seconds and Chad was always going to beat himself.
I don't think you could've done any more than you did in the corner that night,and as I keep saying,you were good enough to go back to and get a big,big win.
Obviously you know what went on beforehand and we don't,but I think you're well rid mate.
It'll take a special fighter to beat Ward,but all the ability in the world and any trainer you care to mention won't mean shit if you have an attitude like Chad.
His loss IMO
PityTheFool is offline  Top