View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #93
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: duran v leonard greatness comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I'm still baffled how a man can be considered green after almost 30 fights and a win over an undefeated ATG.
a guy can have 45 fights and be green. The fact he fought Duran's fight because of being upset with him shows he was still immature and not the professional he was later when he tried to get Hagler in a good mood so he wouldn't attack him in the early rounds, and then Hagler come out right handed. Ray got smarter. The fact Ray beat Duran so easily in the rematch and rubber match is significant. And Duran quit when Ray started to land hard punches to the head and body.

By the way, I do think the best win of the fab 4 was probably Hagler over Hearns. A great performance. Marvin knew that was going to be his legacy. He knew against Duran he did not put the pressure on and he didn't think Leonard would ever come back and fight him, so he had a feeling his legacy was the Hearns fight and it turned out it was. I would love to pick a Hearns win to say it was the best of the fab 4, but I think Marvin's win over Tommy stands out.
MAG1965 is offline  Top