View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #104
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: duran v leonard greatness comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Buchanan is not an ATG fighter. A very good HOF fighter and a nice guy. I met him once. There is no way a win over a green Leonard in June of 1980 when Ray fought his fight is the best win of the fab 4. Ray at the time was on the second defense of his first title reign. Just the fact he fought Duran's fight because of a comment Duran made to Ray shows Ray's immaturity. Ray was not yet in this prime when Duran bet him in June of 1980, and Duran did not dominate him and Ray actually fought Duran's fight. Ray later learned the whole game and how to fight his fight and style and to get considerations in fights for psychological advantage.

Best win of the fab 4? Honestly? It could be Hagler over Hearns just by how Marvin put his all mentally and physically and denied losing or being hurt. Best knockout is Hearns over Duran. Biggest upset is Leonard over Hagler. Actuallyt the Duran/Leonard fights turned out to be the most onesided fights of the fab 4 matchups.
I only reached as far as the green highlighted part & realised it was pointless to read anymore, a green fighter doesn`t dominate & hand a master like Benitez his first loss, behave yourself, Leonard was as prime as it gets when Duran beat him (& I have no bias either way, both are amongst my all time top 10 favourite fighters)
Bill Butcher is offline  Top