Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #27
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roman Martinez to bully Burgos tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
fair point Skills my good man, Burgos definitely had his moments. However, after the first few rounds Burgos got dragged into a slugging match, into Martinez territory. IMO? first 4 rounds, Burgos shaded it. next 4? Martinez turned it into his fight.

Last 4? both men had their moments as fatigue kicked in & both fighters landed some big shots, although I do admit Burgos had Martinez wobbled, but enough to rip a belt from a champion on neutral turf? It was too close for me to take a champs title away.

Team Burgos are going crazy for an immediate rematch, they should be careful what they wish for! If you cant beat a nutcase first time around, you should stay well away.

The late great Vernon Forrest vs Mayorga immediately springs to mind!
I'd fancy Burgos to stop Martinez in a rematch Dunky. I think he hurt him a few times. Once wobbled the legs and the body onslaughts done him.

I had him winning comfortably although i hear ya with regards to him letting Martinez into proceedings he did let Martinez back into fight in middle rounds but always felt he won the rounds.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top