View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Benn, Eubank, Watson, Collins v Ward? Who has the best chance to upset SOG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Yeah, I think Ward is better than all of these guys. I base this upon Ward's performance against Froch, particularly. I think Froch would have been right with these guys if he were around at the time, i don't think he is outclassed by these guys at all...Ward, on the other hand, is clearly a clear class above Froch.

I think Ward is nearer Calzaghe's class than Benn's and Froch is in Benn's class, not Ward's.

Apart from the distinct possibility that Froch might in fact be a lot bigger than those guys, in real terms, I don't see him being anything other than the underdog against any of them.
And I don't read as much into Ward's beating Froch like he did.
I mean, Watson handled Benn pretty nicely, but that doesn't mean he's a clear class above. All these guys are world class. Ward's better than Froch, but I'd say the others are too. But I'd throw Froch in the mix, in the same class, to be generous, it's debatable. Calzaghe's not a class above. He would have lost some fights in his prime if his opposition was prime versions of all these guys.

Prime Roy Jones Jr. .... now there's a guy who might have been in another class to these.

Quote:
No Unforgiven, I don't think he's "proven better" (like greater?).
I just meant better, based on results/performances. And you do, I see.
Unforgiven is offline  Top