View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515
Default Re: Breakfast, the most important meal of the day? - Thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior View Post
A friend posted this from a training and nutrition blog (Craig's blog)

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
January 21, 2013

Breakfast the most important meal of the day, really? Where did this come from? Certainly no scientist because the studies I’ve seen do not reflect this at all, in fact quite the opposite. Carbohydrates especially are very damaging to your morning hormone release and yes even the so called “healthy cereals” like porridge, all bran and Special K to name but a few. Why?

Well breakfast is important, very important but not for the reasons usually spouted by so called experts. It’s more important to skip it completely. Depending what you eat or rather don’t eat could determine whether you burn fat for the rest of the day or not. The last thing you want is an insulin spike in the morning to really **** things up.

As you probably well know, insulin is the hormone responsible for building tissue which of course includes fat. So with that in mind, how could you possibly burn fat after a bowl of porridge which releases a long lasting insulin release.
Important to know also is cortisol, a catabolic hormone that peaks upon waking. Oh know, all my muscle will be chewed up by my own body leaving me looking like a crack hore. Wrong! Cortisol is responsible for muscle tissue breakdown and of course that is frightening but it is also responsible for the breaking down of triglycerides (fat) into free fatty acids. Eating carbs determines wether you burn carbs for energy or fat. I know which I want to be burning.

Insulin is very low in the morning but also very sensitive. A small amount could trigger an insulin release capable of shutting down fat burning. Cortisol is high in the morning and if uninterrupted will accelerate fat burning. If your daily protein needs are met and your sleep and stress levels are on point, cortisol will burn through fat like liposuction and leave that hard earned muscle alone.

Ghrelin is the next piece in the puzzle. Weird name I know, makes me think of gremlins. Also every time I write it my spell check changes it to gherkin. So if you see gherkin anywhere else in this article, presume its ghrelin. Anyway, gherkin is basically that growling noise in the morning from your stomach ‘the hunger hormone’. I used to run to the fridge every time my stomach growled because oh no, of course this means I’m catabolic and my body is canabolising itself. But no, ghrelin actually stimulates growth hormone and if uninterrupted will peak roughly two hours after waking. That can only be a good thing. If hunger does get the best of you, dont worry, coffee is a great appetite surpressant and also a potent accelerator of fat loss. Well, the chemicals in the coffee help surpress your appetite and the caffeine accelerates fat loss.

All this information can be found in the book ‘Carb Backloading 1.0′ by John Kiefer. Of course expect better explanations and all the proof, as the book has countless references to scientific studies. Also find out more at http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com or http://www.carbbackloading.com

Arnold was actually Carbbackloading intuitively before the rest of us. Genius!
I recently read and heard in victor conte interview that growth hormone releases like 70 percent of your daily output in a single burst while you are ina stage 4 deep sleep.
So your statement is wrong i suppose.
This kinda goes against everything i have been thought.So im not so sure about this.
pecho26 is offline  Top