View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #48
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Big fights which are worthy of being on PPV need to have a good undercard. The main event will be what sells the fight to people but what matters is what the fans think after the card. They're either going to think "that was a great night of boxing, I can't wait to see some again" or they're going to think "I've been ripped off". With one good fight on the card - like the aforementioned Hatton/Maussa PPV - you run the risk of fans feeling unhappy that they were ripped off. Similarly, Haye/Harrison was a terrible main event but if there had been a great undercard, many fans would still have been happy at the end of the night.

For Froch/Kessler II, I want to see some big names on the undercard. Both promoters should put forward one of their star attractions in 'decent' fights, so maybe we could get a Froch/Kessler main event being supported by Bellew, Frampton or Brook, and Abraham, Povetkin or Hernandez. On top of that, a couple of good undercard bouts, such as Crolla vs. Buckland or something like that. For the fans in the arena, and maybe to show if you get a good knockout, Yafai, Cardle, Stalker etc., in keep busy fights.
Jack is offline  Top