View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #24
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Should there be manditory contenders in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
....Cheal hasn't fought at 205 in years. He hasn't done shit, he doesn't deserve to fight the 205 champ and shit talking doesn't have anything to do with fighting. This ain't supposed to be WWE FFS....but it's obvious with you previous commentary that's what you want to watch...
The talking is all about selling fights, Anderson Silva and JJ is atop everyone's wishlist. I wouldn't say Chael Sonnen earned or deserves another Title Fight, but no other LHW is that deserving either. JJ beat the piss outta the top 4 LHWs over a year, as Anderson Silva has for years. Producing that superfight is better for the Sport and the best thing for MMA right now. The reason Glover, Alexander G and Gegard Mousasi aren't getting Title Fights is because they haven't earned it either... One fighter does not stand above the other, so they are fighting each other. I'd love to see someone rank the UFC LHW roster because it won't be easy! Each division and situation is different, but I'm with Haggis in that "The door was be kicked down".
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top