View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Question Will Ricky Burns duck Adrien Broner if they both win the next fights they have?

The fight will be the first thing out of peoples mouths. It will be unavoidable for both fighters, we all know Adrien Broner wasnt the problem in making this fight in the first place. Ricky Burns and his team were. They didnt want it, for whatever reason, Ricky clearly said they didnt want it, and - "Everyone knows why"

Anyway, I dont want to start a war, so lets give Ricky the benefit of the doubt, so moving on...So providing Burns beats Vazquez, and Broner beats Rees, the obvious fight to make will FINALLY be Burns vs. Broner. Surely?

But if Ricky Burns beats Vazquez and holds two belts, will he refuse the fight unless it happens over here? Or will he and his management team totally duck Broner and look to make other fights instead?

If they both come through, the fight would be at an inevitable stage, and unavoidable. The top two fighters in the division, but will it happen? We have seen this before, and seemingly massive fights have not happened, or have happened well past the sell by date.

I personally dont think this fight will be made if both fighters win the next fight, because Burns and his team will claim the whole 2 belt thing (so predictable) and instead of seizing the moment and having the fight in the new Mecca of Bahxing, Las Vegas. (A dream for any fighter!) Its THE big time. And would be Ricky's first taste and "arrival" fight!

But, I dont even think the Burns vs. Vazquez fight is a forgone conclusion. I reckon "my boy" Broner will destroy Rees, but Ricky is in a 70/30 fight, and I can see Vazquez taking it on points.

That poses another question: Will a loss for Ricky Burns increase the chances of a Burns-Broner fight happening? Will Ricky snap their hands of if offered it again in that sort of position? Out of desperation?

Thoughts.....
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links