Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
Not sure why this is in he classic.

Henandez v Povetkin
Tarver v Fury
Huck v Solis
Lebedev v Helenius
Wlodarczyk v Banks

Winners in Bold
Very interesting picks. Particularly since the only heavyweight you have losing a fight is one of the current world champions.

I can see why you might give the heavies such an advantage but you would have to acknowledge that many of those fights could go either way. Looking at the list, i think that the Tarver v Fury fight would be particularlly interesting and telling for what i suggested. Although Tarver is obviously old, which doesnt bode well, his best weight is probably a light heavy weight and his opponent is probably the ultimate modern heavyweight, in that he has side and that body building physique, but not really any sort of above average skills. Due to the age, i think i would agree with you that Tarver would lose, due to his age and recent inactivity but it would have been very, very interesting if they fought straight after the Danny Green fight. I do stilll thing that he would have to start as underdog even then though because it is not proven that he can take the heavyweight punch (not that he cant just that we dont know). It would be ineresting if yet another fighter (following Adamek) failed against Chad Dawson but was successful in going up in weight. I wonder where that would leave Dawson in the scheme of things.
Boilermaker is offline  Top