Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: fitzsimmons vs patterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
yeah..what i posted is about the only clear footage of fitz....of course he isnt prime, far from it, but it gives you a idea of stance and style at each. That response really did hurt me though....well no not like that...i mean emotionallylike that
Suzy Q posted the best link (by far that i have ever seen of a prime Fitz) which was from an ESPN site. To be honest the improvement from what is seen on youtube of the Fitz v Corbett fight has to be seen to be believed. I think even Suzy Q might have been a bit impressed. It is well worth looking up if it is still there. A link can be found on the last or second last page of the fitz appreciation thread.

With regards to the current fight, Paterson will be similar in speed to corbett, who did cause Fitz problems, so i can see why many think that Paterson might get a points win.

What doesnt go well for Paterson though is that he will fight at much closer range than corbett, He wasnt as hard to hit as Corbett and his chin wasnt the best. I really do think that it is only a matter of time (and not necessarily all that long before Fitz is able to knock him out). NOt that an early win would indicate an easy fight.
Boilermaker is offline  Top