View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #57
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: PPV for Froch v Kessler - Telegraph!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
15 on top of the subscription, in a ****ed up economy. Kessler vs Froch is no way ppv worthy. They are not superstars, not Mayweather/Pacquio, and like Oli said in another thread, this fight is to see who is second best, after Ward. They will get their payday anyway. They're set for life, and never need to work again. If anyone needs a payday it's the rest of us.

This warrior talk also goes a bit too far sometimes. I understand they take risks every time they step into the ring, but they're entertainers who have made a choice to fight for a prize. Not as if they're soldiers or Roman gladiators.
Kessler vs Froch has to be PPV or the fight can't happen, they're getting paid 2million each! It's 100% PPV worthy imo, and is the best fight that could be made on British soil right now.

I'll quite happily be paying 300+ for a ringside seat to this, and i'm far from rich. It's a great fight and just be grateful that we don't have to pay out $60+ for every decent fight like they do in the US. 15 for a fight like this is absolutely nothing.
Boxalot is offline  Top