View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #3031
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Yeah, more or less the same way I had it (scored the last couple rounds for Marcel btw). The fight seems quite evenly divided into three parts, with Marcel owning the book-ends and Arguello the middle chapters.

Marcel's durability to withstand the Duran and Arguello barrages stands him in good stead when considering head-to-head match ups with other elite featherweight bruisers like Armstrong, Saldivar and Saddler.

I think Marcel would hang with those guys in the trenches just well enough to stay functional in the latter thirds of those contests without being overwhelmed.

Still don't know if he'd beat them, but he wouldn't get run over imo, all the same.

Sal, any thoughts of how you think Marcel would do against some of the featherweight greats? Your man, Sanchez, for instance?
Hmm. Wow. I think stylistically he's all wrong for Sanchez; too much herky-jerky-weird-lead-rights-odd-head-movement type fighting to make a classic stylist comfortable. You then factor in that obvious durability he has and he's just a total nightmare. I would say though, that a more polished, more confident version of Arguello gets him if they fight again. He had the power and killer instinct to do it. I also think a tough swarmer like Armstrong puts him on the back foot enough to control things. Pep? I haven't seen too much prime Pep, not too comfortable picking there.

Marcel and Pedroza would have been really interesting.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links