View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #19
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIDEO: Vitali Klitschko knocked out by Pele Reid in a kickboxing match (1992)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
@madballster, Vitali apparently denied it and claimed it was a kick to the thigh, can't dig up the link as I'm on my phone but type in Vitali kick to the thigh in google and there'll be plenty of results

None of them are a video of him saying it, but one Is the same source that broke the story in the first place..
Yeah, I read that too. A kick to the thigh and an injury, something along those lines.

Although a decent kick is ostensibly (though not necessarily) harder, I haven't seen much proof that Vitali has an iron chin. Sure, he can take a solid whack every now and then, but so could Lennox Lewis. I give him more credit for the very unorthodox yet effective defence he's cultivated. It's extremely difficult to land with full traction.

It's clearly decent, but I think a learned skill rather than genetic fluke is responsible for the perception that he could take a flush punch from Ernie Shavers and barely blink.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top