View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: I'm a pro boxer; any questions about pro boxing let me know?

Did you experience or hear/know of incidences of PTSD-like symptoms? It's a topic I've always been interested in. Boxing is a tough sport. Some take bumps in the road and keep going, it's just a job to many and an exciting opportunity for others, but if you're in a bad situation, I imagine it can be extremely stressful and demoralizing just based on my own experiences. Whether you're stuck in a bad gym dynamic and don't realize it, have to make tough decisions in the ring and with fights, or both, etc. It's kind of odd to compare Boxing to war, but it really isn't that big of a stretch IMO. Bradley had never lost leading up to the Pacquiao fight, and he mentioned suicide crossing his mind because of the immense pressure to perform. Hatton contemplated suicide and was severely depressed after getting knocked out. Not sure if it's more evident at the elite level or I'm making assumptions or making leaps in logic, but I have a feeling the brutally physical nature of boxing makes the highs and lows of sports that much more intense. I'd appreciate if you could shed some light on my curiosities.
Bogotazo is offline  Top