View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #167
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
The bigger orgs don't focus on building talent too much. It really is sink or swim once you're in the UFC. Every other fight is tough.

They constantly recruit green fighters for "The Ultimate Fighter" reality show. Its like the worst of both worlds with few mid-level or regional promotions to build fighters, although the UFC did buy a couple top guys from Bellator (the B-league).

The way business is done doesn't really help the UFC, but try telling anyone to change something about themselves, and see what results you get.

I talked to numerous fighters about the value of their rights. They kind of know the truth, but its easier in the short term to believe what they signed away has no value.
It also happens in boxing, guys are just so happy to be with a promoter that they gloss over things that they have a right too. Educate yourselves cos at the end of the day, its you that signed that BS contract stripping you of your rights. I know the other side also you can be labeled as problematic, all I can say is think, and think again before you sign a contract.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top