Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #101
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why were many old time boxers so scrawny looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
George never got Magna the musclebound blimp. I think that's a good thing, I'm quite taken with my ability to form a sentence.

George was a tank, though. You just bounced off that guy. I don't know if ANY kind of strong would have been strong enough. I'd have probably been better in the clinch and hit a little harder, though. Might have kept him off a bit more. For awhile. THen it would hurt when I was tired, a lot.
Yeah, Foreman is the only fighter that I've never, not even once, seen outmuscled by anyone.

Would you say that he was physically stronger than Lewis and Wlad, who are also known to be very, very strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highguard View Post
you have a good point but the reverse
can be said, if you were strong enough to finish things
early, you might not need to always go into deep water

again everyone seems to always bring up
weights can make you stiff or affect your stamina,
if weights do this
then why did they do stuff like pull ups,
same negative affects are possible

and going deep well
if you cant walk thanks to a ton running
good luck boxing
Well, history shows that the fighters who ran and didn't lift weights did much better than the fighters who lifted weights and didn't put in their road work.

Lifting a ton of weights and becoming big and strong doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be punching harder or knocking people out quicker, it just means you're putting on weight and muscle that most likely isn't needed.

As with everything, different forms of training need to be done in moderation.
Bill1234 is online now  Top