View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #21
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bute to fight for WBC title same night as Froch v Kessler possibly on the underca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Can't see him fighting on the under-card, if that happens I'll eat my own ****e.

Bute will NEVER fight outside Canada again after what happened in Nottingham, his confidence has been completely crushed. Even if he wasn't afraid to do it, he wouldn't fight on under-card anyway when he can fight in a main event in his home town and makes TONNES more money.

Can maybe see it taking place on the same night though but I doubt anyone would care. Who's going to want to watch Bute fight some fringe contender at best after watching an all war between Froch and Kessler? Would be like shagging Megan Fox and then going home to Kerry Katona.
You're right. Why fight Bika in London on an undercard when he can sell what 20k (?) tickets in Montreal. Bika-Bute is a good main event for the Canadian crowd. We might see this on the same night.

Just thinking out loud but isn't there talk of HBO/Showtime being interested in Froch/Kessler? Then maybe Froch/Kessler would be on a US friendly time and on the same PPV as a Bika/Bute fight. A split venue USA PPV if you will
Lilo is offline  Top