View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #39
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bellator 86 Live discussion thread. King Mo, Ben Askren, Zaromskis, etc...SPOILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Askren is an excellent all around grappler, and has shown very strong submission defence in the past. Unless you are an absolute master at them, leg locks, for the most part, are low percentage, and against a guy like Askren that thrives in the scramble, I don't think worth risking. Kael had a dominant position, but instead of keeping it or trying to get back to his feet, where he had a realistic chance at winning, he went for a submission was almost certainly going to fail. Sure he came close, but he ended up precisely where Askren wanted him.

I can respect that he had the confidence and balls to go for it, but I don't think it was smart. His game plan should have been based around two simple things: Don't throw lazy kicks, and avoid the ground as much as possible.
usually guys from Russia are pretty good at them due to Sombo...of course this guy was Polish..so sure..having said that..my understand has always been that wrestlers are a bit suseptable to leg attacks on the ground. Honestly It looked like Kael would have had it if he wouldnt have been distracted by being nice.
Johnstown is offline  Top