View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM   #274
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
It's all part of the game. Sometimes, the smarter fighter wins. I just don't view "I fought dumber and signed a contract that wasn't advantageous to me" as a valid excuse. Frankly, it would hurt my pride as a fighter if I heard folks making that excuse for me.

Hagler wanted the fight, he took it, he signed on the dotted line, he fought it, he came up short. He OWNS that L. And it clearly hurts him and his fans a bit, which is, ultimately, another aspect of the game. I have a loss or three that still stick in my craw. I'd just never say I was "conned" out of it. Rubs me wrong.

I prefer to heap credit on the winner of an important fight than make excuses for the loser; Particularly an ATG who doesn't need those excuses made for him.
I give Leonard full credit for out smarting him and I already said that I thought he won the fight ... But we all know it was Haglers fight to lose

Ali out smarted Foreman in a similar way ... and his ring smarts and intelligence is what put him at the top of the best division of heavyweights
KidDynamite is offline  Top