View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #45
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
There were like three essentially non descript fighters without much of an amateur pedigree that Rapport brought over. It was more of a publicity stunt where these guys were side shows and basically set up to fail.

Side shows? They were on USA friday night fights and ESPN Thursday night fights with other fighters seen as rising prospects, plus Sports Illustrated article and cover on KO mag. so your side show theory is out the window. And Im interested, how exactly were they set up to fail? Non descript? Wasn't sergey Kobozov on the Russian national team? Didn't he beat John Ruiz and was seen as a potential star at cruiserweight? Sorry but your post has massive holes in it that Im exposing. Maybe you need to provide more facts and details and less conjecture.

Quote:
Honest question; Why do people such as yourself go on these vehement crusades to defame a certain group of fighters when all they have done is inject more competition into a sport that has become more and more of a media punching bag {pun intended}?
Lol, people like me? You have 6 posts, you don't know a thing about me. And what is it I have defamed? I've pointed out facts, just like I've done with you. This isn't any kind of vehement crusade. It's called educating those who don't know what they're talking about (BadDog) and seek to rewrite the truth (you). Im happy more nations are allowed to compete professionally now. I don't judge fighters like many on here. As long as they're exciting I don't care what race, color, mationality or religeon they are, so stop being se presumtious.
JAB5239 is offline  Top