View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #102
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Peter Quillin: "The fight with Golovkin doesn't make sense".

I don't know why boxers always say things that make it easy for them to be criticized. I don't know what Quillin's intentions are but the way he worded things it sounds like he's ducking. If I'm in his position and I'm willing to fight anyone, I'd say this:

"I would love to fight Golovkin. But there are bigger fishes to fry at this moment. If I can't get a fight with the guys at the very top, I will get in the ring with Golovkin. Every top guy at 160 is on my hit list. Unfortunately I can't fight them all at once therefore I have to select one opponent who is the best option available. It may or may not be GG. Either way I promise you I'm fighting someone who is among the best in my division."

You don't say something stupid like, "A fight with GG doesn't make sense." This gives people the notion that you aren't open to fighting him. Of course it makes sense. He may not be the best option for you at this very moment. But the fight does hold value because fans would love to see Quillin-Golovkin. Two strong, undefeated fighters with KO power. It makes a ton of sense.
gyll is offline  Top