View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #46
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wilder = A KO Waiting to Happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Believe it or not I don't actually want to see Wilder get beaten up by some scrub. I want to see him improve to the point where he can legitimately mix it with the top guys and fulfil whatever potential is there. But you can't fast track someone to a title or hold them back till legitimate threats are no longer part of the picture, and then expect them to magically become great. Greatness is earned, not manufactured.

Golden Boy are shite promoters who are ****ing Jonty's career up big time and he needs to leave them ASAP if they don't make big strides in furthering his career by the end of this year. This might sound like a truism but they simply don't have his best intentions at heart.
Well said, both points.

As I've said before, I think GBP has to be willing to throw some money into this, to actually LOSE money on a few fights in order to get Wilder the opposition he needs. Right now, the only way to get a decent fighters to face him is to give those fighters a huge payday, guaranteed. (think of it as a retirement bonus.)

Evidently, they aren't willing to do this.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links