Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
RICKY BALBOA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: luke campbell to matchroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by c woodhouse View Post
very good signing, lukes a top boxer and he is very popular in hull, he will sell out any venue he chooses to box at, hulls never had a good boxer to really get behind and they will give luke all the support he needs, he could sell out the k.c stadium for his debut if he wanted and that holds 25,000, potentially eddie has signed a very very big star if true
I agree Luke is already a mega star in Hull but I doubt he'd sell out 25K at the KC for his debut though I could certainly see him headlining at a sold out Hull Arena in front of 4 or 5K quite easily.

If he ever challenged for a world title fight then I could see him selling out the KC then but unless he makes adjustments to his style, he may find it hard have his local popularity transend beyond the city of Hull.

I will always tune in to support him because he's a local lad but the harsh reality is it's an entertainment business and I'm not sure people would make a point tuning in to watch a tall, upright bantam-weight popping out left hands all night to a points victory.
RICKY BALBOA is offline  Top