View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #95
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default Re: ****DECADES SURVEYS 1 - Please Participate! Best 10 Fights 2000-2009****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post

you should sticky threads like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbiano View Post
Any idea when the next thread is coming rum? It looks like these series of threads are gonna go down well
I'm going to open a new one at the same time I close an old one.

So in a few days I will gear it up. Debating whether, once the new one is produced, I should run them every 2, 3, or 4 weeks. Will decide at the time I release the next one.

I know it's slowed down, but I still want to give people a little time who may not have seen it (which has me thinking a Sticky may not be a bad idea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Even better it has been 3 years since we did it by each division and P4P...any plans to revisit that???
Yes, eventually, but not any time soon. I was considering what MR BUTT said. We did the original 8 + P4P.

I've always contemplated getting the other 9 divisions in there at some point.

As for doing the All-Time, I think that's one I would only revisit every 10 years or so. But I would like to do a large variety of series (beyond the current one), or even individual stand-alone surveys.

Generally, I think the collective knowledge of the Classic Section participants has rendered interesting results, that are also pretty solid in terms of representing a nice guideline or reference.

If anyone has any idea on future surveys I would definitely be interested in hearing them.

I've been thinking of everything from Best Fighter by Decade, to Best Fight Venue, Most Historically Significant Fights, something involving trainers, something involving television commentators, and more. I personally think there is a lot of potential with these type of surveys, and I personally find them both educational and entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Yeah, the first one !!

Thanks man!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top