View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #225
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why were many old time boxers so scrawny looking

I think it is good to have a core set of things you do more or less all the time...for me it would be shadow boxing, jump rope (I think jump rope is really underrated..it keeps you on your toes..literally). heavybag, double end bag, Mitt work, sparring, push ups, sit ups, and six inches. I do other things, but they very..sometimes medicine ball throws, sometimes static strength training, sometimes weight, which is usually lower reps but on occasion high reps. I do run, but the kind of running i do varies, and I sometimes skip running to give my joints a break and do things like stepper machines and elliptical (which i dont like nearly as much as running, workout wise). And sometimes really mixing it up is a damn good thing (going on a all day hike, swimming all day, doing a strong man type circut, things like that). Also I try to watch out for overtraining in case my training is over lapping...like when I am doing boxing training 3 days a week, and mma training (which is usually more grappling related) I tend to back off any weight lifting..just because that wrestling gives you allot of heavy resistance type training and i dont want to over train.
Johnstown is offline  Top