View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #45
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Nonito donaire, a top 50 atg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Esparza is not a no namer!!! He was a good contender.

Have you seen the second Kingpetch fight? Very debatable that Harada lost that one.

Did Rudkin lose against the best? Robbed against Ben Ali and McGowan the first time. Ran Rose VERY close. Again, looks like you're doing all your analysis based off boxrec.

So what if he went 1-1 against Famechon? Was Fammo not a quality champion and naturally bigger than Harada?

Yes Medel beat Harada. He was that sneaky. Probably the best win a Mexican has, arguably anyway. Of course Harada's Resolve to try and keep getting up means little to you. Was Medel that beatable? Or was he a road warrior that doesn't get the due he deserves when you do a quick scan over his record?

What about Caraballo? You've probably never heard of him. Dwight Hawkins? One of the hardest pure punchers of the lower weights. Never heard of him have you?

Of course Harada had a bad style for Jofre, if that helps you diminish the quality of the win.

I would say it's not looking good for you, especially if you wanna' go tit-for-tat with me on the midgets of boxing.

Like I said, I don't know enough about Harada but....I can't conceptualise Harada in top 40 like you.

Coming close with Lionel Rose (sure a great fighter but I rate Nelson's loss over Sanchez greater, Nelson probably wouldn't even be in my top 65 - I can probably think of other greater losses from fighters outside top 50 if I had to sit there and meditate over it, going 1-1 against Famechon, getting TKO6'd by Medel...still doesn't do it for me. I don't doubt that Medel was a solid fighter, but he still is very beatable. Why are you not giving glory to the no namers who beat Medel?

For him to be that high in the rankings, he'd at least have to beat someone like Lionel Rose. Jofre paid his dues, beating someone like Vicente Salvidar at aged 37 + at such a low weight class and not even at Jofre's prime weight was not an easy task and I rate this over any of the wins/feats that you mention.
I thought I mentioned Hawkins, obv not. Beating Shibata is a huge deal, but I'll be careful not to overrate Hawkins.

Well it doesn't help the quality of his win. Mayweather beating Marquez for example would never get the same sort of glory as someone else with a style that makes for a war, would get had he have beaten Marquez.

P.S you need to learn to relax. It's funny that I can toy around with a mans emotions so easily over a simple conversation about Fighting Harada haha asking the guy to tell me why I should rate him higher and being open.
anj is offline  Top