View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Running/Skipping injury advise needed please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
that should keep the mechanizes still pretty damn close to barefoot shouldnt it? i mean, it has no padding..thats the biggest factor with shoes.
It's actually just any material in general, it restricts the effect of tendons in your foot stretching and recoiling which provides a lot of power when running. Shoes stop feet from storing energy. If you have to walk around all day you'll find that your feet fatigue less when you have a shoe that has a stiff sole and less cushioning, the stiffer last allows more energy storage and less cushioning provides less of a need for your foot muscles to stabilise. So if you expect to be on your feet all day, don't wear a running shoe!
Barefoot shoes mimic different aspects of barefoot so probably provide different benefits depending on the type you buy but the 'barefoot running with shoes' is more a marketing line than anything. More research is needed into 'barefoot shoes', I'm guessing there are positives and negatives with the different concepts. My point is that barefoot shoes are not barefoot running.
dealt_with is offline  Top