Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Smelling saltes as a PED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Man, my childhood and being the little guy in one of the best young amateur heavyweight global scenes ever made me tough. You can only take so many hidings from celebrities before you go from soft to hard in a hurry. I wasn't the healthiest youngster, either. Might be why the salts didn't work.

Thing is, I just believe they are overstated. They get brought up in Ali-Cooper all the time; Ali was up and more or less fine at the bell. If you can stand and get your legs under you, a minute is enough to clear your head. He comes out, takes a bit of a breather, and decides he's mad and tears Cooper's face to shreds, done.

He recovered from a one-hitter quitter. He was in no danger of being finished once that round ended. The rest of the controversy is just bull. He should have been deducted a point or two, and the salts thrown out, and the outcome is the exact same.
I have to disagree with you here. Ali should have been disqualified and I can't see how anyone could deny it. Whether they helped Ali or not, they where banned in the UK at the time, therefore he should have been disqualified.
Webbiano is offline  Top