View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #93
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Rigo is "ice" to Nonito's "fire".....but I think Nonito's a perfect blend of skill, speed and power that would overcome any technical advantages that the Cuban AM Legend has.

Given Nonito is faster and more powerful the big question is....how much better is Rig as a boxer than Nonito, if at all? For me I think Rig is a slightly better defensive boxer than Nonito...who isn't really defensive at all. Nonito's style is one who's foundation is that of an offensive fighter.

Nonito gets tagged more simply because he's more of an aggressive fighter who can counter and play defense but likes to attack. Rig is on who likes to lay back, set traps and capitalize when opportunities present themselves.

Nonito and Rig are both very polished fighters who are at the peak of their careers. Nonito is younger...has more professional experience at the elite level where Rig has a bunch of international AM experience...but only a handful of pro bouts. That's a big difference.

I got Nonito beating Rig fairly one sided....a lot will have to do with the experience factor but most of the outcome will be based on the styelistic match up that favors Nonito.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top