View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #35
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Golovkin vs Osumanu Adama: March 30, France?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
I didn't say it's fair, I don't make sentences with "fair" and "sanctioning body" much. Again, if they ordered it earlier, would Geale refuse to sign for Sturm or what?

As to what GGG had done to deserve to shot, how about he sat on his mandatory position for 2 years, attempting to fight both super champ Sturm and interim champ NJikam with no luck. What more would you want?

BTW, the only reason Sturm offered Geale the unification is to defer the mandatory. If you remember, Geale was about to sign for Pirog on HBO in Aug, then Sturm swooped in with a bigger offer and sure unification.
Absolutely. He would have fought him IF he had known prior to the signing. Geale has balls, having traveled to Germany twice and taking on the champions with the odds stacked against him. The WBA ****ed him over, pure and simple.

I am well aware that Sturm did every thing to avoid GGG, but it backfired massively. The Geale vs Pirog fight would have gone ahead, but the WBO refused to sanction the fight thus making only Geales title at stake, so he
took Sturms offer.
kas117 is offline  Top