View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ok. make your predictions. how does 'the fight' pan out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Mundine is capable of winning the fight and he doesn't have to knock Geale out to do it.

He does however have to hurt Geale early. By hurting Geale early he can take away Geale's obvious advantage in workrate.

If Mundine doesn't hurt Geale early he will be outworked over the distance and possibly be stopped late.

I think the latter scenario is the most likely, so my selection is Geale. An upset win by Mundine though wouldn't surprise me.

One intangible is how will all the hype surrounding this fight affect Geale mentally.

Sure he's fought in front of big audiences before but I think the pressure will be on in this fight like never before. Mundine thrives on this sort of stuff while it remains to be seen how Geale handles it. He wasn't the overwhelming favourite in Germany like he is in this fight so it's a different kind of pressure.
True but i cant see mundine hurting geale early!
Geale looks confident and not rattled one bit- he seems like ''yes whatever'' attitude!

Also i feel geale is getting stronger and from the clips i seen i reckon he can pop a bit harder now.
pourya is offline  Top