View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #3115
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Just watched Moorer v Holy and I gotta say the fight was better than I remembered it to be. I had it very very close in fact i had it even going into the final round and you know what, atlas's words finally got through. Michael fought a good fight in the last round and deservedly took the belts home.

I've given MM a lot if stick in the past and maybe there are guys who would always have beaten him, but he did what he had to do and he earnt the status of World Champion that night. I could argue "yeah but would he ever beat Bowe or Lewis?" and to be fair the answer is probably no, but that doesn't matter, MM fought the guy who'd just beaten Bowe and rightly or wrongly he was declared mando so got the shot before Lewis (who was just about to lose to his mando) so credit where credit is due, he earnt the belts that night.

Interestingly enough i think it is also obvious that Holy had declined since the last Bowe fight and he really was there for the taking so i think MM is fortunate in that it was he who got the shot. But still he went im against the man regarded the best in the world and he finished the fight like a champion.

I still think he was far from a great hw but I'm willing to give him credit for what he achieved, more so than previously anyways.

We all know what happens next though, Foreman smokes him, hangs on the his belts against Schulz, refuses to ever fight a ranked opponent again and the division is in disarray until the return of Iron Mike Tyson.
lufcrazy is offline  Top