swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default GEALE; "Definitely, a statement needs to be made,"

SMASH THE CUNT DANIEL....

http://www.sportal.com.au/other-spor...mundine-219734

Quote:
"Definitely, a statement needs to be made," Geale said at Tuesday's weigh-in for the fight.
"All the talk's been said and done and I'm just excited about this and I've put a lot into this and I can't wait.
"I'm going to beat him and I'm going to do it convincingly and not leave anything behind.
"I'm going to be very convincing in everything I do and show everybody what they want to see.
"I want another defence of my title, Australia wants me to do it in a big fashion and if it happens that way I'll be more than happy."

FIVE THINGS WORTH FIGHTING FOR

Quote:
ANTHONY MUNDINE

His career: At 37 years of age, a loss to Geale would all but end Mundine’s 48-fight career — at least on the world stage.
His legacy: Should Mundine win, it will put him back on course for a tilt at some of boxing’s biggest names, headed by Floyd Mayweather.
To silence the critics: Mundine knows that there are those who would like nothing better than to see his career end, and he is determined not to give them the satisfaction.
A fourth world title: After taking Geale’s IBO middleweight world title in 2009, Mundine now wants to snatch the IBF version from him to add to the two WBA super middleweight belts he won against Antwun Echols in 2003 and Sam Soliman in 2007.
Respect: After being criticised for taking easy fights in recent years, Mundine believes a win over Geale will force people to acknowledge him as one of Australia’s greatest sportsmen ever, given what he achieved he in rugby league before taking up boxing.

Quote:
DANIEL GEALE

Revenge: The only loss in Geale’s 29-fight career was to Mundine in 2009, so he wants to avenge that defeat.
Recognition: Despite beating Germany’s IBF middleweight world champion Sebastian Sylvester and WBA title holder Felix Sturm on their home turf, Geale was largely unknown to most Australians until the fight with Mundine was announced.
To silence Mundine: After repeatedly being on the end of Mundine’s trash- taking antics at press conferences and events to promote the fight, Geale would like little more than to be the man who ended The Man’s career.
Reputation: Should Geale lose, he will risk becoming another name on the long list of Australian boxers to have been given an opportunity by Mundine and failed.
Big fights: As the IBF middleweight world champion, Geale will again look to unify the belt against either WBA and IBO title holder Genady Golovkin or the division’s top-ranked boxer and WBC No.1 Sergio Martinez.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/m...#ixzz2JOajYeR3

swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links