View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #64
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post

The kid is an amateur and boxing starts from the grassroots up, the US have been terrible in the amateurs in recent years and as a result there are no good American pros coming through. The US system produces fighters with more style than substance, it's more about looking good than being good. When a fighter does well in the amateurs he generally does well in the pros, i.e Andre Ward. The US is lagging behind and it all starts in the amateurs. I don't care about the entire history of boxing, the story right now is that US boxing is in poor condition. This kid isn't going to develop as a boxer in the US, he'd be better off following the MMA route.
dude you're crazy, it's the am system that ****s up the americans, not the quality of training and fighters, ever notice how they still always outperform the euros when they turn pro, these same americans that were ousted in the 1st and 2nd round of the olympics go on to be world champs and successful pros whereas the medal winning euros stay am forever and when they turn pro they fade into obscurity. the americans have a style far better suited to the pros which is why they're still dominating in the pro ranks. Am boxing has turned into garbage, i'll never watch the olympics again, the last 2 were an embarrassment to the sport.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top