Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #67
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: Sparring vid. Tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
I was dead tired, but also ****ing with her because she can't hurt me at all. I gave the vid that title to get views, tbh. She is good, though. When it comes to her, for me, it's about stamina, not honing skills. At the same time, she get some experience as a young female again a larger, stronger opponent. I think it's good training.
But your fundamentals should never be compromised for any reason. Everyone makes mistakes when tired, but you seem to lack the basic structure necessary to begin with. The initial trading of jabs gave the impression it was going to be an actual sparring session, unlike the pretty much paired-up shadowboxing from the other video, but you never threw a punch after and kept bending down below the waist and exposed your body while compromising your balance and offering your head on a platter. Headgear is hard enough to see out of already, turning away from the punches only makes things worse. This isn't an easy habit to kick but it's necessary.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but this set-up doesn't seem to be working for you. You need to own the basics. This isn't to suggest you can't hold your own or can't improve, but there needs to be a re-tooling.
Bogotazo is offline  Top