View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell back out in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
He stopped Murray in 8 rounds and looked great. You've got to remember this was when Murray was hot shit, WBC no.2 or something he was at the time and people were raving over him. Brandon Rios could only beat him in 11 rounds and didn't look as good as Kevin did.

The Prescott fight as well was a very good performance but I admit that Prescott is hideously overrated because of what he did to Khan. Still, Kevin showed good boxing ability.

I think Mitchell can be great fighter when his head is screwed on probably, against Katsidis he was all over the place mentally and when he fought Burns any opponent who'd have fought Ricky that night would have lost, unluckyily for Mitchell it was him.

Mitchell just needs to sort himself out, get away from FW, go back to Super-Feather and really put the graft in. If he does then he can win a world title, that's my opinion.
I thought KM looked great against Murray that night - but you shouldn't measure that with Rios' fight against him. Not only do styles make fights etc etc, but did you see the state of Rios before his scrap with Murray? Watch his Portrait of a Fighter, if you haven't already.

Rios is overrated by many on here, but I thought Murray would do it when I saw how bad Bam looked getting on the scales.
servo is offline  Top