View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Where does Anthony Mundine rate all time among Australian boxers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Taylor, eh?

I suppose he did clean up at domestic level for a time, and was only the 3rd man of twenty to carry Arthur Abraham the distance. Got annihilated by prime Sugar Shane, not that it's any blight.

I want to say he lost to a few poorer types than Mundine did, but there is always Wood...
yeah. perhaps im not being kind enough to mundine. is just my opinion. (for what its worth).

unlikeothers, im not impressed with him fighting so late in life. i know he was trained to be a fighter from birth. he hung around his old mans gym all his life, and was taught by tonys trainers etc to fight. he even had some am fights. so li dont get carried away with his raw potential, because he WASNT raw when he 'took up' boxing.

so in his early career, i see mundine fighting old and retired fighters. which is fair enough to start. he then shows his balls in stepping up to fight the undefeated, if not brutal, sven ottke. mundine did fine. but got ko'd by a man not considered much of a puncher. so questions are there regarding his durability. something that must be also considered when judging a fighter. (then there was wood).

then every time he stepped up he got beat. his best wins were green, thornberry, soliman and echols. 3 locals and a standard contender. rick thornberry was past his prime. had they fought at both age 26. i have thornberry taking it. rick won the first 4 rounds of their fight, when rick was past it.

mundine struggles to make the top 20. doesnt make the top 15. but thats just my opinion.
swingin is offline  Top