Thread: T.K.O. in 6
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #3639
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Did we forget how dull Lennox was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Some people taking this thread the wrong way. I have always openly stated that i rooted for Lewis.

Again im just simply stating to the Lewis/Vit/Wlad hate crowd who complain about them being dull without realizing Lennox was considered fairly dull himself. Some posters get excited these days over **** talking tweets,interviews,youtube vids..etc and this is there idea of bringing excitement into the division.

I'm not taking a single accomplishment away from him.
I understand what you are trying to say, but to amplify my previous post I don't really view him that way.

I do recall a lot of Tyson fans and even Holyfield and Bowe fans claiming that, and there were others too, so there was definitely a significant vocal faction that shared your outlook. I just never saw it that way.

Every time he spoke about aging like a "fine wine" or quipping it takes "more than a left hook and a haircut to beat Lennox Lewis" always made me laugh. In fact, just him speaking in the third person was usually funny. I thought Lennox was an entertaining guy to listen to, especially towards the later parts of his career. He was obviously a smart guy, but he would sometimes try a little too hard to sound articulate, but this only enhanced his likability and gave his personality a bit of an edge.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top