View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #13
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: anyone think mundine looked in pretty good nik?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Really? The adage "looks like Tarzan, fights like Jane" ran through my head last night.

He looked physically impressive but was flat as a tack IMO - "too much weights not enough speedwork silly prick" He came into the ring dry and obviously hadn't warmed up...looked like he was shitting himself during the ref's instructions, and generally looked uncomfortable and unsure of himself.

He barely moved in the first 6 rounds, just stood in the centre of the ring and waited for Geale to come to him and pawed out his jab occasionally.

I haven't watched a Mundine fight in years (apart from reviewing the first Geale fight a couple of weeks ago), but if people reckon last night was the best he's looked in years then he must have looked absolutely woeful in his last few fights?

He just looked worried and resigned to me last night...he kept taking these big sighing breaths later in the fight that made it look like he didn't want to be there.

Geale goes at 100 miles an hour don't forget.... previously Mundine would always be puffing after 5 or 6rds. Last night his fitness was great but couldn't pull the trigger more because Geale was the best fighter he has stepped into the ring since Kessler.

The Mundine of last night would've stopped Garth Wood in less than 4rds on both occassions.

Geale is a world class operator, people are underestimating choç performance last night but not giving Geale enough credit.

Mundine has obviously lost some speed but Geale made it look worse
LeBeave is offline  Top