Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #57
sparta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine called it before the fight - Robbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
i thought the fight was closer than what the commentators did thats for sure. i had it for geale 7 to 5. he had it won simply for activity and workrate, but yeah, mundine was cleaner and crisper, but was flat footed and defensive for so long, that i couldnt give him winning rounds where he would jsut defend and then land maybe 3 jabs and a cross a whole round, while danny would glance about 15 to 20 shots , though not clean, were still scoring.

the commentators were disgraceful. thats what u call pre-judging. they were seeing what they wanted to see. oohing and aahhing at a danny flurry that didnt land anything, and basically speaking outside the context of the actual fight. its a shame because its an instance where it really coloured the viewing.

first time i watched it live, sound on- i had it 10 to 2 danny. second time with sound off, i had it 7 to 5. still a win for geale so maybe it dosent matter. but it was closer than what people will give credit for- nobody schooled anybody, nobody kicked anybodies ass.

spot on post
sparta is offline  Top