View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #29
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: anyone think mundine looked in pretty good nik?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobba View Post
Prime mundine was smw, I don't think he's looked good at any other weight??
Totally agree with that mate , @ 168lbs Mundine was able to compete , in the Ottke fight he was too inexperienced v a decent boxing tech , and in the Kessler fight he just got out boxed by the better fighter , the Danny Green fight was probably the best i ever saw Mundine fight and he beat the guy hands down , if he would have stayed there and re matched kessler win lose or draw his legacy today would be ten fold of what it appears to be now by the look at some of the comments on this board , lets be honest here he ducked out of 168lbs when the kessler re match was ordered and did the same to Geale when the IBO ordered a re match @ middle , imo the bloke ruined himself dropping weights with this "pioneer" stuff and it showed in the fights leading up to yesterdays , IF Choc Mundine calls it quits after this fight his legacy will be viewed far differently than if he had stayed and fought it out @ said 168lbs . and if he does retire then all i can say is enjoy your retirement and thanks for the fights .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top