View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #192
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Here is more drama, from TR and GB:

"Arum recently told us, "Abner Mares has to make a decision. A Donaire-Mares fight can happen after Mares' contract runs out next year with Golden Boy."
Arum said something about the companies not being able to work together on that fight because Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer is "owned by Showtime."
The feeling here is that's just a smoke screen. Bottom line is Arum hates Golden Boy and vice versa and they'll come up with anything in defense of themselves.
Schaefer on Tuesday was told much of what Espinoza and Mares said. Schaefer was of no help.
"I think when Nonito Donaire's contract is up with Top Rank, which is going to be in a year or so, then I think he's going to have to think what he wants to do," Schaefer said.
We reminded Schaefer that basically is what Arum said about Mares, which at the time irked Schaefer.
"I guess so," Schaefer admitted. "What goes around, comes around."
This came from the Frank Espinosa website. This is Espinosa's and Mares thoughts.
The feeling here is that's just a smoke screen. "Bottom line is Arum hates Golden Boy and vice versa and they'll come up with anything in defense of themselves."
Arum and Oscar is a long running soap opera, but in this case TR does have the "A", side TR doesn't need Mares, Mares and the G's need TR, and now that it's out I see the desperation that led to that offer of 3m and in the media.

Last edited by dempsey1234; 01-31-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: adding a sentence
dempsey1234 is offline  Top