View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: Why do I have this feeling that Canelo's opponent May 4th wil be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Molina is arguably the best opponent he can find.

He's essentially undefeated. We'll never know hoe the kirkland fight would have ended so that's essentially a NC but if Canelo faces Molina there's no way he'll walk out of the ring a champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Finally some sense. I have said it over and over. Molina is number 1 now that PBF is clearly not looking to defend there and Cotto lost to Trout.

Molina is the type of fighter that dont give a **** how many KOs or amateur fights you had. He will go in there and put it on you. He gets alot of unjustified hate because he beat some highly touted fighters like Chavez Jr., Lara and Kirkland. He has a very solid resume. For sure the best of the bunch of the 154 pounders. The guy is as determined as can be and tricky as hell on the inside. I do not understand why people call him boring. He gets inside and it is not like he doesnt throw. As soon as he clinches you he keeps beating you up. This is mostly due to the fact that he does not have much power and it would be foolish for him to fight at mid or long range where he is at a power disadvantage. The dude makes due with what he has and makes world class fighters look average.

Canelo is not ready for someone this tricky. Trout is though and that would be a tough fight for both. Lara and Kirkland dont want any more.

Honestly here is how I would rank 154 right now.

1. Molina
2. Trout
3. Canelo
4-10 Lara, Vanes, K-9, Kirkland, Cotto, Rodriguez and Angulo(all in no particular order)
Shot Mosley is a better win than any of those fighters 4-10 have. The Williams Lara beat wasn't even close to the hellraiser Sergio fought.
elchivito is online now  Top