View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #58
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 44000
Default Re: Ward's a more complete fighter than Calzaghe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
??

Jones was a forearm shot and Joe was 37...if you're discarding Ward's early career then discard the Bhop and Jones KD's. The young Ward is more applicable than a old Calzaghe, keep it consistant.

Also irrelevant for the H2H discussion since Ward's feather fists arent going to do anything to Joe.
What in red confuses you? Chris hurt Joe in the 12th. The preceding sentence reads "It isn't as though Joe's never been hurt or dropped whatsoever" in case you thought I was listing only people who'd dropped him.

If it was the part about him being shot, well he was certainly on the downward slope, every bit as much as Calzaghe was against Jones and Hopkins. So...let's keep it consistent.

Quote:
Jones was a forearm shot and Joe was 37...if you're discarding Ward's early career then discard the Bhop and Jones KD's. The young Ward is more applicable than a old Calzaghe, keep it consistant.
I don't know, man. The examples I cited were actually dotted throughout Joe's career, not just the end. You chose to focus in on the Jones KD and add the Hopkins one (which I didn't even mention).

I don't think it's irrelevant in the least that Ward was green in 2004/5 and getting caught with dumb shots, both of which he didn't see coming because he was young and reckless...

Shaken up by Kost in the 1st, 6:43 of the video:
BORKED

Boone round 4 knockdown, slow motion replay at start of video:
BORKED

Youthful mistakes were the culprit, and not a glass jaw. While both Kenny & Darnell did legitimately rattle his cage, he recovered from both with aplomb.

You can't possibly be suggesting that Ward of then was closer to Ward of now than Calzaghe of 2008 was to his peak self?

Ward has improved tenfold since those days...no less so than Wladimir Klitschko did after his KO losses and hooking up with Manny.

Quote:
Also irrelevant for the H2H discussion since Ward's feather fists arent going to do anything to Joe.
...and what exactly are Joe's feather fists going to do to Ward??
IntentionalButt is online now  Top