Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #44
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux April 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Vic will probably get $500k for fighting Nonentity. He would be pushing to get $50k for fighting an eliminator for the WBC No.1 contender spot.

So presumably that's why he wants Nonentity.

I'd like to see Vic going into this kind of fight coming off a series of wins rather than a one-off win last September.

He's not giving himself much of a chance but then again, in the latter part of his career it's been virtually impossible to predict his form so he may surprise everyone by giving Nonentity a much tougher fight than expected.

If he does that, he can collect the cash from this fight & retain a high world ranking with the other sanctioning bodies for future fights.

As a fan, I'd like to see Vic win one more major belt before he's done. The way to do it though (imo) is with a series of fights leading up to a title shot. Vic needs to be active to be at his best. Against Nonentity, he will be going in against a guy who has been very active while Vic has been twiddling his thumbs since last September.
i don't see how it makes any difference whatsoever. he is confident, and has fought guys who have pushed him. its better than fighting limited fighters and then stepping up to face by far the best in the division imo.

vics only problem is whether or not he sticks to the gameplan or not. sometimes he forgets all about it completely and it has cost him some big fights.
buster007 is offline  Top