View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #231
Makingweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
It really, really sucks what happened to Duddy. That's a big reason I wrote my book on MMA. To stop that kind of **** from happening, but people have no idea.
I watch a lot of MMA as well as boxing to the really casual fan the UFC has such a monopoly on the top fighters a question to you about their fighters contracts.

Is my thinking correct in that the contracts are totally structured towards the organisation in that a fighter can have for example a 4 fight deal but should a loss occur that fighter can be released?

Dempsey with regards ticket sales over here there is a fighter i know that was asked how many tickets he could sell for a fight took too many tickets but they were not on a sell or return basis !Obviously that was the promoters side but a case also of being badly managed. Had to pay out from his own pocket & basically fought for free.

In your experience what was the best story you heard of a fighter that was overpaid?Top level being one thing but over here sometimes the journeymen can be better paid than the prospect just to save a show.
Makingweight is offline  Top