View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #64
ko00
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: F**k it, someone had to say it... Past Boxing Era OVERRATED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
No problem, I am honestly a very nice, open minded individual (with those who act accordingly). Sometimes I like to throw things in a controversial manner to get some reactions and a live debate going.

You make some great points and I can't turn them down, they are valid.

I get you man. However, isn't it unfair then to place those fighters over ours? I think we can come to the conclusion that today's cars and planes are BETTER than the ones constructed in the past. The circumstances were different in both eras and we can still place one over the other. Why is it that it is almost a cardinal sin to place a Pacquiao or Mayweather over those fighters?

Let's say we try to put it on an even field and pretend that they train under todays circumstances and then try to compare them. We would be IMAGINING and ASSUMING what they would be like. SO, how is that fair to today's fighters who HAVE shown us what they can do under these new modern circumstances?

I don't know if you get my point, I hope you get the idea behind it at least.

BUT as far as you and I go, I understand you completely. I am criticizing the boxing society we are part of today and how it works.

cool i hear what your saying its a good thread i agree you cant place fighters of yester-year above todays (and vice verse though) nostalgia has a way of making the good old days seem better when its an unfair comparsion
ko00 is offline  Top