View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675
Default Re: F**k it, someone had to say it... Past Boxing Era OVERRATED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
Mayweather beats Hearns. Sergio Martinez beats Hearns.

I am going out on a limb here and say that Paul Williams would have also beat Hearns.
Mayweather? Hearns only lost when punch strong fighters came forward and was willing to take a hit from his big right hand, Mayweather is simply not that type of fighter, he would find himself on the back end of Hearns' jab and be punished by his right hand.

Martinez has had his best days as a 160 lbs'er, Hearns would definitely beat the 154 or 147 version. Even at 160 I am not sure if Martinez could avoid Hearns' right hand while landing his own left, Martinez' doesn't have nearly the same punch resistance as Hagler, so he can't just walk through Hearns and expect to get to him. Martinez would have to fight a very smart fight and take calculated risks. Actually I only see Martinez winning if he can place his left hand on Hearns' chin, and as he can't walk Hearns down, I think it would be a tough task for him.

Oh, yeah the Williams who was outworked and beat by Quintana would beat Hearns.. Seriously, Hearns would destroy Williams, it would be ugly..
PowerBack is offline  Top